Your students want to interact during the brainstorming of a story.
Students often find it difficult to develop ideas for stories. They should be allowed discuss and brainstorm in a healthy environment. There are a number of strategies that you could use to get students interacting and developing ideas.
Here is one such activity that you can use:
- Group students into teams of 4.
- Each person in the team list 15 elements that can be included in a story. Here are some things to consider:
- conflicts (Internal and external)
- Each person from the group takes the list from another student.
- They then start developing the concept for a story. Students may choose to write a story from this summary. Alternatively, students may write a poem or play from the list.